Friday, May 11, 2012

My College Kitchen: Sauce-less Veggie, Feta, and Sausage Pasta

This picture makes me miss my darling little electric cooking pot. Here are some spare pictures from a meal I made back in school in my literal college kitchen! This is a white pasta with no sauce, but all the flavor from the cheese and veggies and sausage was enough for me! This pasta is also great cold! 


Ingredients:
olive oil
onion
asparagus
lemon
tomato
garlic
sausage 
noodles
salt&pepper



First put your pasta on to boil [ I would recommend penne pasta but I didn't have any]. Saute the onion and asparagus together. Onion is cooked when it is clear and asparagus should still be firm, not squishy! Then I squeezed a lemon on it. I halved some cherry tomatoes and cooked with olive oil and garlic. You don't want them to get squishy either, just soak up some of the flavor from the garlic. Low heat.


I bought sun dried tomato and basil chicken sausage but any kind you pick will do! Throw them in the pan as well. I like when they are a little crunchy on the outside so I let them brown for a while. 

Mix asparagus, tomato, and sausage with feta cheese and pasta. Olive oil and salt to taste. Enjoy! 

-E


No comments: