Wednesday, March 28, 2012

My College Kitchen: Tomato Black Bean Soup

Hey all! I would like to introduce you to my favorite soup, tomato black bean. There's a lot that I love about it, namely that it is inexpensive, full of protein from the beans, and tasty! Not to mention its a 10 minute meal. This soup makes two servings, so if you want more double up! 



1 can Campbells tomato soup 
1 can black beans
1 onion 
Chili powder


I love onion, so this recipe has a lot. Feel free to change the amounts to taste! Dice onions and cook in pan with butter until they are clear. Add can of Campbells Tomato Concentrate and a can of water. Stir until concentrate is dissolved into the water completely. Rinse can of beans and toss into pan. I didn't measure how much chili powder I added, but I'd say about a teaspoon. Add more to taste.

I've found that this soup is a lot like chili in that the longer you let it slow cook, the more flavorful it is! BUT if you are in a hurry [like I am most days] just cook and serve. Enjoy!! 

Recommendations: lime, sour cream, cheese

-E

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

that looks so yummy! :)

http://saramadebeth.wordpress.com

METROX LOVES YOU the blog. said...

The soup looks YUMM!! We really love your creative blog!! Following you for sure! ;) Really can't wait to read your next inspiring post!

Love,
MLU the blog.

EvaMae said...

Thanks!

Anonymous said...

This soup looks and sounds amazing. I'm adding this to my "to make" list. Thanks for sharing it.

Shannon Quinn said...

This looks so yummy! Minus the onions. I am *not* a fan of those, but I'm definitely a fan of easy, inexpensive meals!

I'm responding to your comment at Peachy Geek (totally delayed, I know) and fell in love with your blog. Followed you! Would be awesome if you followed back! :)

Have a great day!

EvaMae said...

I love cheap and easy too :-) thanks for following!!